Shopping for living room furniture, my wife and I (both elderly) decided to purchase two love seats ($898.00/each) from Mathis Furniture store in Ontario, Ca.Prior to paying for the items, I did have the foresight to check the invoice and found that the sales clerk "Aladdin" slipped in a $199.00 furniture protection plan without our knowledge...much less consent.

I'm not sure what their "furniture protection plan" consists of, however the deceptive sales practice of slipping in additional charges without our knowledge/consent is unacceptable. I did notify the store manager and lodged a complaint about their deceptive hidden fees. My complaint was dismissed as poor communication between the customer and the sales staff. I tried to explain to the store manager there was no communication about their protection plans.....which constituted deception, the store manager shifted his excuse to the salesperson is a new employee.

With that being the case I think it would be safe to assume that Mathis Furniture trains their employees in deceptive sales practices......how else would a new employee know what to do in finalizing a sale by adding charges on invoices the sales people themselves prepare for checkout.I would like to fore warn potential customers of my unsatisfactory shopping experience at Mathis furniture mainly because I am elderly......and the salesclerk knew I have impaired vision.

Review about: Mathis Furniture Customer Care.

Reason of review: Unauthorized charges.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Love seat, Bedroom furniture.

I didn't like: Deceit, Store manager shifting problem to customer.

Had an Experience with Mathis Furniture?

Comments