2.1
Style and Design

Update by user Mar 21

V. Johnson

Original review posted by user Mar 21

I am totally pissed off. Purchased these chairs from Mathis Bros.

shy of 6 years ago and they are peeling like a dog shedding his winter coat! Upon purchasing the chairs I was not presented with an opportunity for a warranty. I have no small children and keep a very neat retro home. Cost of chairs was $2400.00 plus tax.

I assumed I was getting good quality. I have other Mathis Bros pieces in my home and have never had an issue.

I contacted their customer service and spoke with a young girl by the name of Jeanette at the Ontario California office and she immediately was pawning me off to call 2 numbers. I informed her the chairs are mechanically perfect, but cosmetically horrid! Jeanette had me to call a person by the name of Ben.

I phoned him and he asked for me to forward pic of the chairs.

This I did and he responded back they are beyond repair, because they are bonded or bicast leather and after a "few years" they deteriorate! For the amount of money I paid for the chairs I was sure they were real leather.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Theatre Seating.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Credit or exchange.

Comments

I'm not giving up! I despise having my money wasted!

ncalloway
Mathis Furniture Verified Representative

Hello- We apologize about the issues you are having with your merchandise. If you could email us your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to socialmedia@mathisbrothers.com, we will look into getting you assisted. We appreciate your business.

to ncalloway #1450314

Customer no. 595947650Vella Johnson510 viewpointe circleCorona ca 92881951 268 6716Phone I have is new. Rep located me in Mathis Bros system by my name and address.

ncalloway
to yaris1103 #1450947
Mathis Furniture Verified Representative

Thank you for the information. After having upper management look this over again, unfortunately we are still unable assist with any repair or exchange with your merchandise. We apologize that we are not able to get a resolution with this issue.

to ncalloway #1450962

UNFORTUNATELY...............Word will be passed on for people NOT TO SHOP MATHIAS BROS! POWER OF THE PEN, SOCIAL MEDIA ETC.,YOU PEOPLE KNEW YOU WERE NOT GOING TO RECTIFY THE ISSUE FROM THE START!

to ncalloway #1451347

Specify WHY YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO GET RESOLUTION WITH THIS ISSUE!

to ncalloway #1451709

How coward of Mathias Bros! you guys did not have the courtesy to send someone out to view the chairs!

I'm not stopping until I get some satisfaction. Everyone I have have informed of this matter is in awe, because they know the type of home I keep and we are not smokers, no small children!

there is no reason these chairs should be torn up like this! As stated you ncalloway lied and did not get me any assistance resolution to this matter!

to ncalloway #1451346

ncalloway #1450300Please note your response stated YOU would look into getting me assisted. Your response does not validate any assistance. This is a solemn promise I will be filing a claim with Small Claims Court whether I LOOSE or WIN just for the satisfaction to let Mathias bros know business cannot be done in this manner.